Help an immigrant become a U.S. Citizen by volunteering to teach a citizenship class. The classes help students prepare for the U.S. citizenship test. Volunteers work in teams to plan the lessons and teach the classes. This fun and rewarding experience gives you a chance to make a difference in the lives of others
Individuals with an interest in education careers are encouraged to apply.
- Must have good communication skills and a strong desire to help and work with new immigrants
- Be available to teach on Wednesday from 9:30am to 12noon
- Prior teaching experience preferred
- Have a desire to further develop teaching skills
- Must attend teacher training and meetings
- Preference given to volunteers who can commit to teaching at least two semesters
Fall: November 4, 2015 to February 10, 2016
Situated in New York’s Chinatown/Lower East Side, the Chinese Progressive Association works towards social and financial equity for our group. We construct ties with different groups and bolster equity and fairness for all. We give instructive, promotion, administration, and sorting out projects that raise the group’s living and working norms, include inhabitants in the choice making procedures that influence our lives, unite individuals from of various foundations and strolls of life.